Strawberry Pancakes

Friday, May 1, 2009

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Sometimes, you just have to have breakfast for dinner.

One night earlier this week, we made ourselves some pancakes. We could have gone with blueberry pancakes, or even the pumpkin pancakes. But we're at the beginning of strawberry season now, and we figured we might as well utilize them, especially since we love them so much.

I went on a search for a strawberry pancake recipe and came across this one by Rachael Ray. They were definitely good pancakes, and I'd make them again, but I would love to find something that maybe works the strawberries in the batter a bit more? Maybe there's a strawberry pancake recipe out there that incorporates strawberry puree? Not sure, but I might look around. For now, this is a good pancake recipe, and there are a lot of strawberries in them. They definitely hit the spot.

Strawberry Pancakes
(Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray)

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for serving
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Pure maple syrup, for serving

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.

3. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the melted butter. The batter should be thick and smooth. Fold in the strawberries.

4. Spoon the batter onto the griddle 1/4 cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until set and thoroughly bubbly, about 3 minutes. Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

2 comments:

Cristina P from MD,  May 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Hi! Oddly, I was looking for a similar recipe this past weekend involving strawbeery puree, but couldnt find one either. I had wanted to try them for a brunch I was hosting and I ended up making my own creation instead. It was such a hit!

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
Fluffy pancake recipe (from allrecipes.com) + cream cheese frosting + fresh strawberry sauce. You take a hot pancakes, slather on some icing, and add a dallop of some strawbeery sauce. Insanely good!

Anonymous,  July 5, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I saw a similar recipe that incorporates a few TBS of strawberry jam and bananas. I am going to try Rachel Ray's recipe this morning, and add the jam to the batter in addition to the strawberries. I will let you know how it comes out!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP