The Pretty Peacock

Monday, May 11, 2009

A few weeks ago, I hopped over to Amy's blog and saw a post about personalized gifts she had been purchasing off of Etsy. The jewelry she posted caught my eye, since I had just started to think about Mother's Day gifts.

Not only did I want to get something for my mom, but I wanted to get something for my sister-in-law, Kara, as well. She and my brother are expecting their first baby and I wanted to give her a special gift for her first Mother's Day.

Since Amy had purchased a necklace from a seller called The Pretty Peacock, I started there. I browsed several other Etsy jewelry makers as well, but ended up back where I started. For Kara, I was looking for something simple and affordable that I could personalize with the baby's name.

I found this "Circle of Love" pendant, and thought it would be perfect. Clearly I'm not the best at taking photos of jewelry, but this is a beautiful sterling silver charm on a sterling silver chain. Ana (the artist behind The Pretty Peacock) hand-stamped Hunter's name on the charm, and a Swarovski crystal dangle hangs in the middle. It is the emerald color to represent Hunter's birthstone. (For May. He better be born in May!)

It comes on an adjustable length chain so that the recipient can wear it at whatever length they prefer.

On Saturday, we were over at Trevor and Kara's place and we were talking about the necklace I got my mom for Mother's Day. Of course, I kept the fact that I had bought something for Kara a secret. When I told her about the necklace for my mom, she asked about where I bought it, saying she had been looking for a necklace with a really small pendant she could personalize with Hunter's initial. I was dying inside! Needless to say, when she opened this gift the next day, I think she was pretty surprised. And I'm pretty sure she loves it!

As for my mom's necklace, I'll have to post about it at a later time. When it came, it wasn't exactly what I had been expecting, so Ana is going to fix it for me. It was a small misunderstanding, but big enough that I decided to tell her. She was awesome, offering to redo the pendant portion right away. I still have to mail the necklace back to her, but that's only because it's too difficult for me to attach the new pendant myself. She has been great to work with, and I know I'll end up with a beautiful necklace for my mom.

I highly recommend Ana at The Pretty Peacock! She can also work with you to create custom pieces. Not only is she on Etsy, but she also has a website with an online store of its own.

Happy shopping!

1 comments:

Vanessa May 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

so pretty, and what a thoughtful gift!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP