The Windy City

Friday, May 22, 2009

We are certainly making good on the promise we made on our honeymoon to travel more.

I booked the airfare for our next trip this morning. Our destination? Chicago.

We're going for a long weekend trip in September. I can't wait.

I've been to Chicago a few times, but it was always for work. I've never been for fun. Whenever I was there, I did get a chance to experience a little bit of the city, and what I've seen, I've loved! I've always wanted to get back there, and Michael wants to go for the first time.

We weren't planning to book so soon--We thought we'd wait until we got back from our Seattle/San Francisco trip (coming up in just a few weeks now!), then book Chicago in maybe late June or sometime in July.

For whatever reason, though, I had the urge to plug our preferred dates into Sidestep this morning, and I was shocked when $139 popped up for roundtrip airfare! When I checked in the past, the prices were more around $240-270. We didn't want to miss out on such a great deal, so we quickly decided to just go ahead and book it. Plus, the flight times are absolutely perfect for us.

We'll leave on a Thursday night after work, getting into Chicago around 9:00 p.m. Then we leave on Sunday afternoon to come home. It should be a lot of fun. We still have to find accommodations. There's a possibility Michael's uncle may be able to get us a deal at a particular hotel, so we're going to check into that. If not, I'll be hitting up Priceline again!

This year has been awesome. It's so nice to always have a vacation to look forward to...

4 comments:

Becky May 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

How exciting! Chicago in the fall is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM  

We LOVE Chicago. We normally go once a year for work, but they switched it this year to ST Louis. Make sure you stop at Giordanos pizza right out side of the airport. They have the BEST Chicago style pizza. Also can't leave without getting a true Chicago style hot dog. If it's not vienna beef don't eat it! Try Super Dawg or Portillos. Lots of museums; The science and industry museum was our favorite and was an all day thing. I'm jealous you're going. I was really pissed when they moved our convention.

Robin May 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

I don't live too far from Chicago, but like you had never gone there just for fun. A few summers ago we planned a girls trip there and had such a great time! The one thing I would totally reccomend is to go on the architecture tour that takes you on the Chicago River and out onto Lake Michigan. The tour was Amazing and we learned so much about the different buildings and the history of Chicago. Have a great time on your trip!

Lindsey May 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

I love Chicago, but haven't been for years, and someday hope to bring the husband there...I love having trips to look forward to!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP