25 Weeks: Baby's Got Attitude. Already.

Friday, June 11, 2010

For reasons I know you all understand, my pregnancy post is very late this week. It almost feels silly posting it now, since I'll be doing another one in a few days, but for the sake of documentation, I don't want to miss a week. I did manage to force myself to take my weekly photo on Tuesday, so at least that was relatively on time!


Here's the growing belly now:
25 Weeks Pregnant

Getting bigger, my friends. Oh, and you should know that after posting my update last week, I received my first "stranger comment" the very next day. :) Michael and I were at the carpet supplier to pick out some new carpet for our house (it'll be put in two weeks from now--yay!) and the saleslady asked, "Are you moving before or after the babe?" It was as simple as that. Exciting, isn't it? HA. Then, one day at work last week, I was standing in the doorway of a coworker's office (a coworker who I don't see/talk to very much) and she was in the middle of a sentence when she interrupted herself and said, "...and you are SUDDENLY PREGNANT!" Yep, suddenly six months pregnant. It made me laugh. Then, at the wake and funeral this week, I received several more comments from people who didn't know previously. It's official; I look pregnant!

Also official: This baby has an attitude. I have no idea where on earth he or she would get that from. *looks around* Who, me?

Very funny.

Yesterday morning, I had a dentist appointment before the funeral, and as I was lying in the chair, the baby was going BONKERS. I think the dental hygienist must have caught a glimpse of my jumping belly, because she asked, "Is the baby being active?" I told her that it felt like baby was trying to bust out of my gut, and she said, "Well, it's probably saying, 'Stop poking my mama!'" (Side note: Ahhh. Clean teeth. I hate the process, but love the outcome of the dentist. Side note #2: The dentist freaking HURTS when you are pregnant. My gums were ASSAULTED. Ouch, ouch, ouch.)

Then, this morning, I was sitting at my desk at work, reading something, and I had one of my arms lying over the top of my belly, like you would when you cross your arms in front of you. No sooner had I put my arm there than I was feeling STRONG kicks to the forearm. Repeatedly. There is no doubt in my mind that the baby was like, "Get off of me! Get out of my space!" I decided to be a mean mama, so I took my palm and pressed down at the top of my belly, putting deliberate pressure on it, instead of just resting my arm. The baby responded by kicking my hand. Repeatedly. HARD.

Anyway, I think we're in for it with this one. Little punk.

Earlier this week, we went to an open house at a nearby pediatrician's office and walked away with a pediatrician for our child. That was nice and easy.

I've also lit a fire under our asses to finally get the daycare arrangements made, so we've finally started that process as well. Unfortunately, that hasn't been as easy so far. We met with one woman on Wednesday, and both walked away knowing that she was just NOT the one. As a person, she was OK, but we were less than thrilled with the condition of her house. Everything seemed really old (decor, kids' toys, baby gear) and we were pretty surprised when she told us that, despite having two sets of stairs within reach of all the kids (the house was a split level), she doesn't use baby gates. *Insert wide eyes and dropped jaws here* Also, we're pretty sure she told us that she feeds babies their bottles in their car seats instead of holding them. Say what, now? We were just not impressed, and not comfortable with the situation.

So, we continue the hunt for decent childcare. Ideally, we'd find an in-home provider that we love, but we're also going to look at a center or two for comparison purposes. I've called a few more places and people and we're working on setting up appointments. This seems to be one of the most stressful parts of preparing for parenthood so far. I'll be happy when everything is worked out and all of the details are squared away.

It seems like it's been forever since I last posted over Memorial Day weekend, so there's actually a lot more I could chat about. But since I'll be posting again on Monday, I'll save some of the other updates for then.

Enjoy your weekends!

5 comments:

Crystal June 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I'm just gonna start by saying I think you're having a girl. :) And I have to start looking for a babysitter/daycare for our LO soon too and I'm dreading it.

Kate June 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

We went to look at daycares yesterday and it was not fun... one was ok and one was just not. We're oin to visit a few more before we make a decision on where to spend out $1400 a month!

Kimberley June 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

congratulations on the baby! you look great!

Vanessa June 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Beautiful and so slim! Wow - I think I'm going to balloon everywhere when it's my turn! Ha! Seriously, you look amazing!

Meghan June 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Have you thought about hiring a nanny? I have been a nanny forever and love it. As long as you find the right person, it is actually easier then daycare or home day care. The baby can stay in their own home and you can sort of dictate what you want accomplished. Look into it. There are lots of good websites to find nannies and depending on your budget and it can be decently priced. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP