It's an alien.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I've been talking for weeks about how I can see and feel the baby kicking from the outside. It continues to fascinate me, and it probably always will. Every time I'm lying down and can spend some time watching the baby move around, I do.

It's just so... weird. I guess I still don't completely comprehend that there's this little being in there. But when you can SEE it moving, it's kind of hard to deny!

Anyway, the last few days, I've been trying to capture the baby's activity on video, but haven't had much success getting decent footage. Tonight, I was able to catch baby at a pretty active time, so... well, here you go.

First, I will warn you, there is *GASP* bare belly in the video, and although I am stretch-mark free (for now), it's not exactly the most flattering angle! You just can't see the movement in the same way when it's through my shirt, so viewer discretion is advised. HA! So, seriously... if this isn't your thing, skip playing the video.

For those of you who want to watch: when the belly first appears on screen, start looking just to the left of my cavernous belly button (I swear, I will be SHOCKED if my belly button pops out. SHOCKED)... you'll see the babe start to move and after you see it once, you'll likely be able to see it pretty easily moving forward. Just look for the protruding bumps and ripples. Oh, and enjoy the random techno music. It was pre-loaded on my computer as sample music, and I figured it was better than listening to TV and random background noise. :)

13 comments:

Noey June 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

When my sister was pregnant my mom asked what she thought of the baby's movements. She cracked us up when she said something along the lines of "It's so creepy! It feels like there's a sea monster in there or something!"

Mama B June 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

Awww, this is SO neat! I cannot wait until I have a little girl/guy in my belly and I can feel movement like that. It's amazing!

Oh, and I love the background music...sets the mood. :P lol

Krystie June 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM  

ahhh! That is nuts! I've seen some of my friends belly move and holy cow! their entire stomach moved.

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) June 2, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

So cool!! I can't wait till I can feel/ see my alien moving.

I always forget you have a Doxie, looks just like Bella with short hair!!

Tiffany June 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

The video isn't showing up for me. :(

Heather June 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Tiffany--Are you at work? Is YouTube blocked? Just wondering since the video is hosted on YouTube. I don't know why else it wouldn't show up...

Unknown June 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

Holy crap, I've never actually seen a pregnant belly video. I didn't realize there could be THAT much movement going on. That's so freaky and amazing.

Life of a Doctor's Wife June 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Wow - I have never seen anything like that before! So weird and cool and wonderful!

Meghan,  June 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

I miss that feeling soooo much!! Just wait until he/she decides to just lay on one side and your belly is lop-sided. My son loved my right side and never would move off it. I do have to say though, they are so much fun when they come out of the belly and are moving around!! :)

Anonymous,  June 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Cam said future soccer player of course! Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories and perfect for giving someone a tiny bit of ribbing for the kicking he gave 'me' so many yrs ago.

Pie June 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Wow... How I miss that feeling! I have to say that your baby is gentle on you. Mine would be a whole belly movement... Enjoy the kicking! I almost got a bit baby blue when I can no longer see my belly move uncontrollably.

Casey R June 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

That was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant.

I'm a new follower. :)
Feel free to check me out :
www.theoverloadedmommy.blogspot.com

Wishing on stars June 8, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Oh my god thats crazy lol. So cool!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP