Montreal, Eh?

Thursday, June 3, 2010

We're heading up to Montreal this weekend. We've had these plans for about a year now, as it has been our intent to participate in the Montreal Bike Festival.

Unfortunately, due to my "condition," I won't be able to participate, but that doesn't mean I can't go and enjoy exploring a new city. Michael and my mom will be doing the bike riding, and I'll be doing the eating. And walking, and relaxing. I'm disappointed (thanks a lot, Baby!) to have to sit on the sidelines, but it'll still be fun.

So... has anyone ever been to Montreal? Any recommendations?

7 comments:

Unknown June 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I live in Montreal and love it. You have to go to Schwartz's. They are famous for their smoked meat. St. Viateur's bagels are amazing. Old Montreal is beautiful. Montreal is really beautiful during this time of year.My husband and I might do the night bike ride tomorrow. Have fun!

Mojo June 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Hi Heather, We live in Ottawa and love to go to Montreal for the week-end. Walking around the Old Port of Montreal is great. Have a great week-end!

lish June 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Get some Poutine!!!! I agree that Schwartz's is amazing...enjoy beautiful Montreal...I am in Ontario and LOVE going into Quebec!

l,  June 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

I love Montreal! That's where my husband popped the question!

Wish I had recommendations for you, but I was so dazed with the engagement I can't remember any specifics. Just that it's a lovely city. And LOTS of good places to eat!

Have fun!

Life of a Doctor's Wife June 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

(that last comment - about being engaged in Montreal - was from me)

Lindsay June 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I live very close to montreal, in Ottawa! Weekend trips to Montreal are great! The metro will take your anywhere and it is very easy to follow! They have a great website, just google, montreal metro. If you have time you should check out the Bio Dome!

Pie June 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Schwartz's is a must, remember to take cash! Old Montreal is romantic to roam around. Have a good time there!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP