28 Weeks: I Want to Meet My Baby!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Alright... 28 weeks into this, the suspense is getting to me.

The baby has a room now. We have a baby's room in our house. With a crib. And a dresser. And a glider.

The baby bedding is officially done and in the crib. Today, the crib mattress arrived.

To top it all off, I had my first baby shower yesterday. So we have baby gear--a pack n play, a bath tub, a bouncer. And tiny pajamas. And itsy bitsy socks. Receiving blankets and hooded towels.

I've been going into the nursery just to look at it all. Now that we have all this stuff, I am so extremely anxious to have the little person to use it all.

I want to know if it's a boy or a girl. I want to know if we have a son or a daughter. I want to know whether we'll have a closet full of blue or pink. I want to know which name we're going to put up on the wall.

I want to meet my baby!


28 Weeks Pregnant

But there are 12 weeks to go. I know they'll "fly," but it just seems like such a long time to wait. After all, 12 weeks ago, I was only 16 weeks pregnant. And that seems like it was an eternity ago!

I need to exercise patience. Thankfully, we're keeping very busy, which helps.

The search for daycare is still on. I forgot to mention in my update last week that we went and looked at a daycare center last week. It was perfect. It's two minutes from where I work, the director of the infant program was amazing, all of the kids seemed happy and engaged, and we were comfortable there. Then, they handed us the price sheet and we realized that this place was just NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It costs more per week than I've ever even heard of. I'm pretty damn sure it's THE most expensive in the area.

And so we continue. We're interviewing another in-home option tomorrow. I so badly want it to be everything we're looking for and more. I want it to work out perfectly so we can stop worrying about this and move on with our lives. Please, pretty please oh please, let this work out. Please.

As I mentioned above--after the new carpet was put in on Thursday and Friday and we put the house back together, we moved the nursery furniture into the house on Saturday. We put together the crib, the dresser, and the glider, and I *LOVE* them all. We have everything in its place and it's so exciting.

Pregnancy-wise, I still have a miserable cold. Baby is active throughout the day, and it's still amazing to feel and see. Michael felt a couple of really strong kicks last week, which was funny. Baby is over two pounds now and can apparently open/close his/her eyelids.

We signed up for birth preparation classes, which start on July 12, and we also registered for our hospital orientation/tour. Things are getting done!

This week, I go for my last 4-week appointment, then I start going every two weeks. Crazy to think that I'll be there on Friday and then back again in just TWO WEEKS!

All of this demonstrates to me that we really ARE getting close. So WHY does baby's birthday still seem SO.FAR.AWAY?! :)

Keep growing in there, Baby, but just know that I can't wait to see your sweet little face!

8 comments:

Gia June 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

I can't believe you are already 28 weeks! That is crazy! You look fantastic, though, and I can't wait to see the nursery!!

Kate June 30, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

I totally know what you mean about daycare... we're going to visit one tonight and I'm hoping that they aren't as expensive as the one we went to last week. It's tough - I want my kid to have the best care possible, but at the same time, I don't want to be eating Ramen noodles every night! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find someone great to watch your baby!

Justine June 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

I've been meaning to tell you this, but I worked at a daycare for almost two years, and the best advice I can give you is to do a "drop by" at least twice after you've made your original appointment to get a tour. You want to see what the teachers and staff are like when they don't know you're going to be dropping by. Also, try and choose a daycare that doesn't have a high staff turn around rate. Ask how long most employees have been there. You don't want to have a new teacher in your childs room every couple weeks/months. Good luck!

Vanessa June 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

ooohh I am SO excited for you! you're glowing and the excitement just jumps of the page (or screen) even more than in your wedding blog. It's so palpable and real now, I can see why it's so hard to wait! for what it's worth I think you're amazing! I would have caved in and found out the sex by now! Enjoy all the loveliness and I hope you get rid of the cold soon! xxx

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} June 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Im sure the next weeks will fly by and baby will be here before you know it!

Just to be nosy; can I ask why you need to get the day care sorted so soon? Just that over here in the UK, a lot of people have 9 months maternity leave. Its interesting to hear whats different in other countries.

Heather June 30, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Thanks, girls!

Gaynor--Generally, we only get 6-8 weeks here in the States. Crazy, huh? Whether or not the time is paid or whether there is extra time is dependent on each employer to decide. I'm planning on taking 12 weeks (majority will be completely unpaid), so I will have to go back to work in the beginning to middle of December. And a lot of the daycares I've looked into are already full, or have waiting lists, so it's kind of stressful--we just want to find someone we like now and get a commitment figured out so we have everything lined up and don't have to worry about it!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} July 1, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Oh wow, not long eh; funny how the countries are so different.

Here the standard is you would get 6 weeks full pay then the rest {30-32 weeks} you would get the government standard of £124 a week.

Good idea to get it sorted early though.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP