27 Weeks: Helloooo, Third Trimester!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Holy moly. I'm officially in my third trimester of pregnancy! And while I'm shocked to be here already, I'm also feeling like I have an eternity until I get to meet my baby. Realistically, though, I know that's not true. After all, I'll be "full term" in just 10 more weeks! YIKES!


There is no mistaking my being pregnant now. (It's about time, right?) I get these little smiles from people walking past me at the grocery store, and random coworkers comment all of the time now. It's no wonder, as I'm certainly rounding out. See?
27 Weeks Pregnant

I'm blending into my background a bit this week, thanks to my clothing choice for the day, but you get the picture. Wheee, belly! I look back on my early "belly" photos from first trimester (when I really was not even showing) and it's insane to me. It's hard to remember ever looking like that. I wish I would have appreciated it more, because I know it's likely I'll never look like that again! (Or at least not exactly like that.)

We've had quite the busy week, with no end in sight yet. This past weekend, we spent Friday night getting things prepared for painting the nursery. Michael moved some more stuff out of the room, and I taped off all of the edges. Then, on Saturday, Michael's sister and the boys came up to visit so we spent the afternoon with them. Once home, it was time to paint the first coat on the walls, and then Michael ripped up the old carpet, padding, and staples on our stairs.

Sunday, I went to my mom's house to "help" finish the baby's bedding--I use the term "help" loosely, as the process turned out to be too much for someone who hasn't sewn anything since 8th grade home ec class. Thankfully, my mom is pretty freaking talented with a sewing machine. As for me, I was a wonderful measurer, ironer, and ribbon clipper. (THAT'S RIGHT!) I got home around 3:00 p.m. and it was time to tackle the rest of the painting in the nursery. A quick second coat and it was officially finished. Yay! We removed all of the painter's tape a couple of hours later to find that some touch-ups were going to be necessary, but no big deal.

After work on Monday, we went out to dinner to celebrate our second anniversary. But we were all work, very little play, as we ended up moving a bunch more stuff out of the nursery when we got home, hauling it over to my mom's for storage in her huge-ass basement (thanks, Mom!).

Today, I went grocery shopping on my lunch break to save myself some time after work. That should tell you how busy things have been, huh? When home from work, Michael headed off to karate class while I got busy with a small paintbrush and some white paint to touch-up the molding in the nursery, then the parts of the ceiling where I accidentally knicked it with the roller (oops). And call me crazy, but nesting instincts kicked in once again when I had that little paintbrush in my hand. I ended up scrubbing the baseboards in our hallways and performing "touch-ups" on them as well, since they've certainly seen some wear and tear throughout the past five years. Once Michael got home, he ripped the carpet, padding, and staples (the staples are the best part--just ask him!) out of the nursery.

Tomorrow, we get to disassemble our entire house as we clear the living room of all furniture. The carpet installation is happening on Thursday, so we need to get everything off of the floors, then rip out more carpet and staples. Our carpet guy is going to do the entire house Thursday, except our bedroom, where we'll be storing a lot of the stuff we have to remove from the living room. Once he's done, we'll put the living room back together, then move the contents of our bedroom into the nursery for the night. On Friday, the carpet guy will be back to install the carpet in our bedroom, then we'll spend Friday evening putting that back together.

Fun process, right?

It'll feel so nice to have new carpet, though, especially with the baby coming. I'm excited for it to be so CLEAN. Now we just have to hope that Tessa doesn't do anything stupid. She's fully potty trained, so... fingers crossed it stays that way. Anyway, I'll post photos of the carpet project later this week.

So, the whole point of this--Guess what new carpet means? It means we can FINALLY move the baby furniture into the nursery! I can't wait to get everything put together and situated, as I've been dying to do so for weeks now. We'll be spending the weekend putting things in place in there. I know some of you are probably anxious to see photos, but I'm pretty sure we'll be keeping things under wraps until they are truly "finished." We'll see how it goes. :)

Also exciting is that my first baby shower is on Sunday! My lovely sisters-in-law, Kara and Marie, are hosting it for me at my mom's house. I cannot wait to see everyone and, of course, pick up some cute loot for the baby. We really don't have much of anything so far, and I feel like once we start collecting things, it'll make it so much more real.

In pregnancy news... not much new to report. I am still feeling really good, although I do have the occasional night of horrible sleep. (Most recently, it was Friday.) My hips hurt so bad and it was extremely hard to get comfortable. I had to drag the body pillow into bed, which doesn't leave much room for Michael and Tess! They were understanding. :) Thankfully, these bouts of discomfort are few and far between at this point.

I haven't heard anything regarding my glucose test from Friday. I'm thinking that's good news, as I'd hope I would've heard by now if I'd failed, but who knows? I want to wait out the remainder of the week with no word before I truly believe I'm in the clear.

On a final note, I'm pretty sure I felt baby hiccups for the first time the other night. They were so soft that I wouldn't have felt them without my hand on my stomach. But there was this rhythmic feeling of short movements, and it was continually in the same spot. Had to be it, right? Unless my baby was practicing its tap-dancing moves...

4 comments:

Michelle MGD June 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

You look adorable! And congrats on all the progress you are making in the house. can't wait to see the pictures!

Noey June 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

You look gorgeous! I love all the softness of the white in that picture.

Unknown June 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

You look wonderful!!!! Good luck on all the renovations... always remember, there is an end!

Dana June 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Looking good. You have a little baby bump.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP