26 Weeks: Under 100 Days

Monday, June 14, 2010

Alright, well, I know I just did a pregnancy update a few days ago. And I know it was actually my last post. So... two pregnancy posts in a row. Sorry!


Thankfully, I still have new, "fun" pregnancy things to share. Aren't you excited?

I know you are.

First up, my updated belly pic:
26 Weeks Pregnant

Guess what? I don't know how it happened, but suddenly, we are under 100 days! There are less than 100 days left until baby's estimated date of arrival. Whoa. I remember there being a "100 Days Until Graduation" happy hour when we were seniors in college, and after that, it was like--BOOM!--we had graduated. Sometimes, September seems so far off still, but then I think of things like that and I realize that it's really NOT.

In my last update, I forgot to say that I had a doctor's appointment right before we left for Montreal. It was my "24 week" appointment, but I was pretty darn close to 25 weeks. I'm up 14 pounds now, which I guess is good. We didn't have any questions for the doctor this time, so it was one of the quickest check-ups I've had so far--but the waiting was brutal! We had a mid- to late-morning appointment, which we rarely ever do. I guess our doctor had fallen behind with her earlier appointments, because we had to wait for 45-50 minutes just to be seen! That has never happened before, but it was annoying. We'll be sticking to the early morning appointments from now on, or the early afternoon (so they're coming off of lunch). Now, my next monthly appointment is at 28/29 weeks. After that, we start going every two weeks! Crazy!

I'm starting to experience a little more discomfort these days. My back tends to hurt at the end of the day, and when I lie in bed, it's really uncomfortable for me to lie on my back. This is actually a good thing since pregnant women aren't supposed to spend too much time on their backs in the first place (it can reduce blood circulation to the baby), but I'm not sleeping as comfortably now that my only two choices for positions are left side and right side. Bummer. I have also been feeling some stretching pains in my belly when I turn over or get up out of bed to go to the bathroom. Thanks, Baby!

I still feel like I really can't complain, though. I am still feeling pretty damn good, aside from the minor aches and pains and occasional heartburn. I am a lot better off than many of my pregnant peers!

State of my belly button: People always want to know if your belly button has popped out. As I think I've mentioned before, I have a REALLY deep belly button, so I'm skeptical that mine will ever really pop out. However, I've noticed the past few days that it feels really... tight. I think it's actually getting more shallow and stretched out, but it's still no where close to popping out, if that makes sense. Innnnteresting.

Things are coming along for the nursery. We are still waiting to do anything major (like move furniture in) until after our new carpet is installed late next week, but we're still making progress. Last week, we went and picked up a sample can of paint and painted a patch on the wall to make sure we were going to like it. We do, so we'll be buying the real paint this week and painting this weekend. Also, on Saturday, we disassembled the futon we had in there and put it in storage. We also cleared off the bookshelf in there in preparation to move that out as well.

On Sunday morning, I went over to my mom's and we got started on the DIY bedding! Even though we had purchased a pattern, we opened it up to find that, for the pieces we're making, the directions said things like "Cut fabric to XX" x XX" measurements." Say what now? No helpful pattern to use to cut with? The answer, unfortunately, was no. Sooo I had to make my own patterns out of tissue paper so I wouldn't have to measure 20 separate times. Those bastards! Needless to say, the cutting part took way longer than we anticipated, so we didn't get to do too much sewing. But we did almost get the crib skirt done, so we're getting there.

I know some of you have been interested in or wondering if we're going to do a baby pool here on the blog. YES! :) Yes, we're going to do a pool. We're going to let y'all enter guesses for the baby's sex, birthdate, weight, and length. We're actually going to offer a prize as well, so stay tuned for that. We just don't want to open it too early and have to wait so long to determine the winner. Originally, I was thinking we should hold off until about 35 weeks, but I'm starting to think maybe we'll start it up sooner than that. We'll see!

My first baby shower is coming up in a couple of weeks, but we've already been lucky enough to accumulate a couple of gifts. I had lunch with some of my friends at my old job a couple of weeks ago, and look at what they got us:

A mini adirondack chair! *LOVE*

Also, my mom decided to help us out and buy a few necessities that weren't on our registry--the car seat and the crib mattress. We ordered the car seat a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered right to our house. It was so exciting to receive and seeing it in our house makes things feel so much more real. Isn't it cute?
Now, I'm off to savor my last week of the "heavenly" second trimester before this all turns to shit. ;)

6 comments:

Vanessa June 16, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

This is SO exciting! This is the post that has really had me thinking 'Heather's having a baby - SOON'!!! September will be here in no time! You are looking wonderful! So sorry to hear about the stress in Montreal - I would have cried too! xxx

Heather June 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I also have a really deep belly button and I got that question a lot too. Mine never popped. It never even got completely flat. Although by the end of my pregnancy I could *see* the bottom of my belly button! Lol

Michelle MGD June 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

You look adorable! And that little chair so so cute. I envision lots of pictures of a baby in that chair popping up on your blog at the end of the year!

Wishing on stars June 16, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

Your lookin good momma! :-) Sounds like a lot of fun to be making sheets and what-not with your mom!
Enjoy the end of Tri 2!

Heather June 16, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Vanessa--I KNOW! It's crazy, isn't it? Only a few more months. :) How is married life treating you?

Heather--Isn't it funny how people have some sort of weird curiosity about pregnant women's belly buttons? Haha. Good to know that it may never pop out, though. I'd prefer it didn't!

Michelle--So true. It seems like it would be kind of difficult to prop a newborn up in that chair, but I'm sure I will be trying my damndest to find a way! Anything for a "Kodak moment," right? :)

Wishing on stars--It's been really fun! I just can't wait to finish it and see things really start to come together for the nursery.

Beth June 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Don't know you, but I found your blog while looking for the wedding card holder/picture frame box that I am making for a friend. Then I caught your bio about loving a dog more than a human should. I laughed because I am like that too. And then I saw you have a doxie, and I laughed even harder, because we have a doxie that we treat like a little baby.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP