Easy Beef Stroganoff

Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's quite possible that this is the easiest meal ever. Seriously.

Absolutely perfect for a weeknight, this beef stroganoff is creamy, tasty, and most importantly--stress free. With only five ingredients, you can't go wrong.

I've been eating this for as long as I can remember. This is a recipe my mom used to make for us as kids. Last night, we served it with Green Giant Health Blend steamed vegetables and a piece of toast. Homecooked, filling, and fabulous.

Beef Stroganoff
(Source: Unknown--It was passed down from my mom!)

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (12-16 oz.) package egg noodles (we use Light 'N' Fluffy brand)
- 1 packet Lipton Beefy Onion Soup
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream (we use light sour cream)

Directions:
1. Start water to boil for noodles. In medium skillet, brown beef over medium-high heat.

2. Once beef is brown, add soup packet with enough water to moisten it. Mix well until soup mix is combined with beef.

3. When water is boiling, add egg noodles and cook according to package instructions. Once done, drain. Return noodles to pot and put back on stove over low heat.

4. Add beef/soup mixture to noodles. Add sour cream until creamy (we usually end up using the whole container). Stir until well combined and heated through. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Sarah January 17, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Mmm, this is a favorite in our house, too! We add a bit of horseradish to ours, and as long as it's not too much, it makes it that much better.

Courtney January 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

My Mom makes this & it is really good! :)

Sarah January 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I had a 'Heather Drive' dinner tonight - the beef strog with m&m cookies. You're bad for my health! Normally it's grilled lean meat and steamed veges, but you make everything seem so damn tempting...

Red Carpet Affairs January 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I made this last night for my husband and he loved it! Thanks for the recipe.

wofficerswife08 February 3, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

This is great I made this Sunday night and we had enough leftovers for a lunch & dinner for 4 Monday night! Thanks for sharing & I linked you back from putting the recipe in my blog!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP