New Lens

Friday, January 2, 2009

With some money that I received from my dad for Christmas, I ordered a new camera lens that I've been eyeing. It's the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. I did some internet shopping and found it for a pretty good deal.

The UPS man dropped it off this afternoon, and of course, we got to playing with it and testing it out right away. So far, we've found that it takes really nice photos in low-light situations, which is nice. I like to avoid using the flash whenever possible, especially when taking pics of food to post here. I also ordered a light to help out with that... but that won't arrive until Monday. :)

Anyway, here are a few of the test shots:

This lens is supposed to be good for portraits. After testing it out, I can definitely see how it would be. I can't wait to try it out on babies!

I like how it it blurs the backgrounds of images. Very cool. (That's a fake pine needle sticking out of Tessa's mouth. We were taking down the Christmas tree!)

I love new "toys." You'll definitely be seeing more pics taken with this lens!

P.S. I am avoiding taking down my Christmas-themed header. It's so fun, and it feels wrong to go back to normal. I'm brainstorming about another possible fun design. Otherwise, I suppose I'll just have to go back to the old one. Hmmm....

5 comments:

Gia January 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

What kind of camera are you using? I am hoping to buy an SLR in the spring, as opposed to my normal point and shoot.

Melissa January 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

I love your pictures. You have a good eye with a camera.

Amber Bass January 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

LOL!! I love how cute Tessa looks. :) Doxies are such funny dogs.

What kind of Canon do you have? My fiance just got me the Rebel for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I even started a new blog (www.pictureithere.blogspot.com) to keep all of my 'photography related' posts.

Heather January 3, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Gia (and Amber) -- We have the Canon Rebel XT. We've had it for a little over two years now, so of course they now have even better versions out there. I think the newest Rebel is the XTi.

Anonymous,  January 5, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

I love this lens. I just received mine the Saturday before Christmas and my other new lens Christmas Eve! I have the Canon Rebel XSi. I'm curious though, what light did you purchase?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP