Baby Shower Invitations II

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My future sister-in-law, Marie, and I are hosting a baby shower for my brother's girlfriend, Kara, in March. We are just starting to plan for it, and earlier this week, I was inspired to come up with a concept for invitations.

Some of you may remember the baby shower invites I did for my friend Bethany back in August. I loved those and wanted to come up with something different, but a design I would love just as much.

During my lunch break yesterday, I wandered aimlessly around Michael's. Marie and I hadn't really figured out a theme, or even a color scheme, for the shower. I kept going back and forth--Greens? Blues? Red? Kara and Trevor are having a boy, so I was trying to come up with something boyish that wasn't too cutesy. No baby blue!

In the scrapbook aisle, a piece of Halloween scrapbook paper caught my eye. When I first saw it, I thought that the little cartoons printed on it were bugs (turned out I was wrong). But that's when it hit me--Bugs!

After some rapidfire texting with Marie, we agreed to do a bugs theme for the shower. Not disgusting, creepy-crawly bugs, but cute, cartoonish bugs. For good measure, I also checked in with the mommy-to-be, who said she's OK with bugs. :) I'm so excited... the ideas are flying! I'm bummed the shower is still a couple of months away, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it.

Once we had settled on the bugs idea, I went into the stamp aisle and found the perfect dragonfly stamp to use for the invitations.

When I got home from work, I jumped on the computer to design the printed portion, then got to work on cutting, stamping, and assembling a mock-up. I love how it came out:

What do you think?

Marie & I don't have to mail these until mid-February, so I just did the one for now. After our Vegas trip, I'm thinking a "drink wine and make invitations" night is in store for Marie and me. :)

13 comments:

Lis January 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

I love them - you did such a great job!!

Nani January 14, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

They are SO cute! Love the dragonfly idea :)

noisy penguin January 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Those are awesome! I really like them.

Sara January 15, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

Heather you've done it again!

Ellen Mint January 15, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

That's really cute. I love the bug idea.

You should totally serve bug juice or use it as a centerpiece. I remember my best friends son lugging his bug juice everywhere, he loves that stuff.

Tonya January 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Hey Heather. I just have to say you are so inspiring and creative. I wrote a little blog on my site thanking you for a recipe and some inspiration.

Super cute invites!

Heather January 15, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Aww! So cute!

I wish I had an excuse to make more invtes. It was a pain for the wedding, but little parties are perfect because you don't have to make as many.

Aww!! Now I am thinking about my future baby shower invites... way into the future at this point. But... Aww!

Anonymous,  January 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Those are absoultely Amazing!!! I LOVE them! Good Job! Also I love the idea of serving bug juice...

Sarah January 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Those are adorable!!!! Great job!!

Laura January 15, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

very earthy & fresh looking. i love it!

Red Carpet Affairs January 20, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

You should really think about opening up a side buisiness... You are extremely talented.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP