Nursery Furniture - Check!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We ordered our nursery furniture tonight!

We weren't planning to order until June, but when I just so happened to go onto the JCPenney website to take another look at things (I've been researching this stuff for two months!), I saw that not only was the furniture on sale, but I could get free shipping, too. Considering free shipping saves us another $150+, it was a good deal.

We thought we were pretty settled on the Grayson Collection, but I kept having my doubts. There was something that just didn't seem quite "right" to me, but it was still really beautiful, so I thought we were good to go. Then, upon seeing the measurements, it occurred to me to grab the tape measure and check things. As it turned out, the Grayson dresser is only 31" high--which is SUPER short when you're planning to use the thing as a changing table, too! That right there pretty much eliminated Grayson from the running.

So, back to the drawing board on the JCPenney site, I began to explore other options. There are so many pretty cribs that it's hard to choose! But in some cases, we didn't like the style of the dressers, so that helped narrow things down.

Finally, I came upon the Hartford Collection. I had admired it previously, and found myself coming back to it with interest. But then, a different debate began--the Hartford crib comes in both straight back and curved styles. Decisions, decisions.

After going back and forth, comparing them side by side, looking at my inspiration photos, and polling a bunch of people for their opinions, we came to the decision to go with the straight back crib. And tonight, we placed the order. It'll likely be here very soon!

It's just another one of those things that helps make this so much more real. We ordered nursery furniture. Oh my, we're having a baby!

The crib and dresser (we ordered both in the coffee color):


I'm so excited (yet so overwhelmed) to start on the nursery! A big project to start in June...

6 comments:

Crystal May 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Very nice furniture! I love JCPenney's selection!

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I'm not even close to having a baby, but that is the cutest furniture EVER! I'll def. look into JCPenney once we get a house (we can't expand much more in the townhouse, haha.) I'm trying to think of some other reason I'd need a baby dresser, haha...like craft storage? sure...

Laurel May 7, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I love the furniture! We got our crib from JCP, with free shipping, and it got to us within 5 days. And two years and one active toddler later, it's still in excellent condition.

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

We have the same crib, ordered it a couple of months ago, it came really fast and got the free shipping to the store. In the same coffee color too. I love it, I'm due in June and can't wait to have my little baby in there. Great choice :)

Krystie May 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Cute set girl! I can't wait to see the nursery plans. Like I said, I think that will be my favorite thing about having a baby! ;)wel...besides actually having the baby!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

I got a Jayden Convertible crib that looks almost exactly like that one at http://www.minitots.com and I got it for a great deal. I'd recommend checking out that site before you make your final purchase.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP