Loaded Baked Potato

Friday, July 30, 2010

Have I told you all about my love of potatoes? I'll eat a potato in pretty much any form. I don't think you can do anything to a potato that I wouldn't like.

Still, one of the best ways to eat a potato is in its truest form--baked whole. We usually bake up a couple of potatoes as an easy dinner on a fairly regular basis, but just recently realized we hadn't done it in a while. In preparation for a busy weekend and on a night when we didn't have much time for cooking, we decided to bring the good ol' loaded baked potato back into the rotation. And I'm so glad, because I think I had forgotten just how much I love them!

You can vary the toppings based on what you like, but our favorite way to "dress" them is with a little butter/margarine, broccoli, some shredded cheddar, and Bacon Bits.


Whoa, baby.

This is not a complicated "recipe," but I'll include it just the same.

Loaded Baked Potato

Ingredients:
- Russet potatoes
- Broccoli crowns (or frozen broccoli)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon Bits (or bacon, cooked and crumbled)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Wash potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork or knife. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, rotating halfway through cook time.

3. Wrap hot potatoes in foil. Place them on the center rack of your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.

4. Remove potatoes from oven. Remove from foil and place on plate. Cut them down the center, then top with a little butter. Spoon broccoli, cheddar cheese and Bacon Bits on top.

4 comments:

Krystie August 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

no sour cream? oy. I HAVE to have sour cream on all baked potatoes!

Heather August 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

My mouth is watering..... and I have to agree with the previous commenter. Can't do a baked potato without sour cream. But yours sure does look good! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Heather August 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Sorry to disappoint, but I am not a huge fan of sour cream unless it's mixed into stuff. It's probably related to my aversion to most dairy products, actually.

But clearly, if you love sour cream... ADD it!! :)

Krystie August 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

I love sour cream but hate milk!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP