Watermelon Mojitos

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saw this drink recipe late last week over on Good Things Catered.

This weekend, being hot and summery like it was, seemed to be the perfect opportunity to try it. I will admit that I have never had a regular mojito. I'm not much into club soda-based drinks, so I never had a reason to like it. But with watermelon? Sounded good.

Overall, we liked it. I had a little bit of a "consistency" problem with it, though. Muddling the limes and the mint together gives you a little bit of pulp, which I hate. Also, dumping the limes and leaves right into the drink... I don't know, I felt like I was constantly trying not to eat a whole mint leaf. But who knows, I may have done something wrong. And again, I've never had an actual mojito, so I've never experienced anything quite like this! But it was a refreshing drink and had good flavor.

Watermelon Mojitos

Ingredients:

-2 ripe large limes, washed and cut into 8 slices each
-4 sprigs mint, washed and leaves removed
-1/4 c. sugar
-3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
-1 ample c. clear rumice

Directions:

1. In bottom of cocktail shaker, muddle limes, mint leaves and sugar until completely dissolved and combined.

2. Add lime mixture to pitcher with ample amount of ice.

3. In bowl of blender, add watermelon and blend until liquefied, about 30 seconds.

4. Add watermelon juice to pitcher.

5. Add rum to pitcher and stir to combine well.

6. Adjust taste to liking and serve over ice. (We ended up blending about 2 cups more watermelon and adding it into the drink for a little more melon flavor.)

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 25, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Well I guess this means you aren't pregnant. UNLESS YOU AND THE FETUS DONT SHARE A BLOOD SUPPLY YET! EH?!

Anonymous,  September 27, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

you need a straw. it helps with the stuff at the bottom.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP