Banana Sorbet

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I never really had much interest in buying an ice cream maker. But you see, I have a number of food blogs in my Google Reader, and all of these delicious-looking ice cream and sorbet recipes kept popping up. Every time, I'd look at the pictures and think...

Mmmmmmm.

And so with some gift cards and coupons, we hit Bed Bath and Beyond at the end of May/beginning of June and purchased the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Now, with very little effort, we can create homemade, tasty treats like this:

That's right--banana sorbet. The other day, I was on the hunt for a peach sorbet recipe for this weekend. Michael's having his wisdom teeth out on Friday morning, and I wanted to prepare to make him some surgery-friendly sweet treats.

I started at Annie's blog, since she has so many ice cream/sorbet recipes. I did find a peach sorbet recipe, but while there, I found a good-looking banana one, too! I had a couple of overly ripe bananas I wanted to use up, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

This sorbet is tasty. The banana flavor is very prominent, which is nice. In fact, it almost tastes like you're eating a really good banana, right out of the peel. Except, I don't even like bananas because I don't like their consistency! HA! But this completely solves my consistency issues, and I enjoyed it very much.

Banana Sorbet
(Source: The Perfect Scoop, as seen on Annie's Eats)

Ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice

Directions:
1. Cut the bananas into chunks and puree them in a blender or food processor with the water, sugar and lime juice until smooth.

2. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

8 comments:

Lindsey July 16, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

I registered for one, GOT it, and returned it. Now I'm regretting that quite a bit...

Michelleigh July 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

I got the KA ice cream attachment for Christmas this past year. It has been such an amazing addition to the kitchen. The assortments of flavors you can make are endless. Matter of fact - blueberry cobbler is up next!

I am going to also check out your sorbet resources. My husband and I have been looking for some great sorbet recipes. Thanks!

Anonymous,  July 16, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

that looks so yummy!!!! Maybe I'll have to invest in the ice cream attachment

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} July 16, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

It looks lovely but im not keen on bananas either! Peach sounds fab though.

Hope you dont mind but I tagged you -

http://ourdaybydesign.blogspot.com/2009/07/these-are-few-of-my-favourite-things.html

Jen July 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Oh wow. That looks delicious! :)

Anonymous,  July 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

That sorbet does look delicious. As for the hubs getting his teefers pulled. Since I just had half of them pulled 6 months ago I can remember very fondly not wanting ice cream. It was easier to sip things out of cups then to open your mouth for aa spoon. Try smoothies or milk shakes. They go down easier :) also mashed taters and mac and cheese we're good too once he feels up to eating a little.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

very very yummy Ice Cream a water is coming in my mouth ..................after seeing this first i am going to buy a Ice Maker after that i will.............. try thnx for such a nice post.............

Anonymous,  July 17, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

Check out this blog for LOTS of fab sorbet recipes:
http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2009/07/strawberry-daiquiri-sorbet.html
His latest looks just divine!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP