Independence Day

Sunday, July 5, 2009

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, we spent our 4th of July holiday at Tyler and Marie's house for their engagement party. They got engaged last year on 4th of July, so they decided to have a party to celebrate this year. (They won't get married until October 2010, so they have a ways to go still.)

Just wanted to share a few photos from our holiday...

Marie's uncle roasted a pig for the party. They got a TON of pulled pork out of it. I think Tyler and Marie will probably be eating pork for a year.

Hunter in red, white, and blue! He even had little navy blue sandals on. Too cute for words.

My grandma spent some time snuggling her only great-grandson (she has four--going on five--great-granddaughters, though!).

Kara, Cristina, and me. (And Hunter. But he was snoozing!)

The party was larger during the day--lots of family and friends. Over time, people trickled out, and after dark, the real fun began. A little too much fun, at least for me. I sort of let loose and drank more than I usually do. Let's just say I'm paying for it today. I'm not going to lie; I'm hurting! We had a blast, though...

Marie and all of her bridesmaids

Tyler and all of his groomsmen

The entire bridal party

My brothers and me. I was super excited that we represented red, white, AND blue with our t-shirts. What can I say, at that point in time, I was easily amused...

Trevor and Kara

Our little bonfire. It was COLD!

Cristina and me. We were beer pong partners for the evening. Looking back, I'm sooo glad we lost after two games. HA!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekends. I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!

3 comments:

Kate July 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Can I ask, where did she get her bridesmaid/bride team-style t-shirts? Those are fantastic! I'm helping plan two bachelorette parties, and those would be perfect...thanks!

Heather July 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Katie--

The t-shirts were custom designed and made locally. Each of them had a number and the person's last name on it. (The bride's said Lastname-to-be.) You can probably find a place in your city/town that can do something similar!

One of my bridesmaids had custom t-shirts made for my bachelorette party and she lives in the TINIEST TOWN EVER. If she can do it, you can do it! ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP