Favorite Things

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No, not Oprah's. Mine.

In other words, I've been tagged by Gaynor at Our Day by Design.

The "rules" for this tag are:
1. Mention and link back to the person who tagged you.
2. List 6 little things that make you happy.
3. Tag 6 other bloggers and let them know they're "it".

The funny thing about this is that I actually have a long list of little things that make me happy. I'm pretty sure this list has more than 100 items. I jotted it down over the course of a few days back during my junior year of high school. It's tucked into an old journal somewhere, and it's fun to go back and look at it. I haven't looked at it in years, though. Now I have to remember to find it. :)

Anyway, on to some of the "little things in life" that make me happy.

1. A comfy puppy.

Nothing will put a smile on my face faster than seeing Tessa all cuddled up and snoozing somewhere. Doesn't matter if it's curled up on the couch, inside of a blanket, on a pillow, nuzzled up next to me, or in between the two of us in bed. On her back, on her side, her little body rolled into a ball--whatever. It's cute as hell, and I love it.


2. A full gas tank.

It's just one of those things. I love getting into my car and seeing the gas meter read "full." Don't exactly know why, but it just makes me feel good. Perhaps it's the idea of the possibilities--I could go so many places on that one tank of gas! This is one thing that I am absolutely certain was on my "things that make me happy" list from 10 years ago. I've always loved a full gas tank.


3. Dessert.

I have to have something sweet after every meal (except breakfast). It can be as little as a piece of candy, or obviously, something more substantial. But I have to have it. No meal is complete without it. I'm definitely my mother's daughter, and I will be the first to admit that I have a wicked sweet tooth.


4. Depositing money into our savings account.

I love watching that balance rise. Love. it. In fact, I actually enjoy paying bills after every paycheck, because I like to get everything paid off, and then see how much we have left to "play" with. And by "play," I mean "transfer into savings." It just feels so good to save!


5. Sunny days.

My mood is automatically better if it's sunny out. Weather plays a huge part in establishing how I feel every day. It could be colder than Antarctica outside, but if it's sunny, the day is 100x better than if it's cloudy. I just absolutely love the sunshine.


6. Flip flops.

My "shoe" of choice. If I didn't live in the frozen tundra for six months out of the year, I'd be wearing flip flops all year long. I generally don't even like to wear shoes, so a flip flop is a fantastic compromise between barefoot and shoes. And they won't get me kicked out of places on the grounds of "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

So there you have it. A little glimpse into my crazy mind and some of its simple pleasures.

To tag people, I've gone back through my last six posts and randomly picked a comment from each one. Whoever left the comment has been tagged (assuming they have a blog).

Therefore, I tag:
1. Katie at My Life or Something Like It
2. Dana at Sweeping Through Life
3. Heidi at Our NEWlywed LIFE!
4. Jen at Meet The Robinsons
5. Samantha at The Long Haul
6. Gia at A Life in Progress

Have fun, ladies!

7 comments:

Laura July 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

i live in flip flops during the summer. best shoe ever!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

love that you posted Reefs. That is such a California flip flop! ;)

Heather July 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Really, Krystie? Reefs are the only flip flops that Michael and I wear. We love them. I have several pairs!

Elizabeth July 22, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

I made a list like that back in college and I don't even know how long it is, but I just started writing stuff done one day. I probably added to it for about a year before I tucked it away somewhere. I found it when we moved into our house, and I read through it. Totally made me smile. It's good to do things like that.

I also LOVE a full tank of gas and putting money in our savings. I always pay our bills right away too.

Anonymous,  July 22, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

All southern Cal surfers wear them. I got C hooked on them 6 years ago when I came back from college in so cal. :) They are the best flip flop around imop.

Kate July 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Thanks for the tag...thinking up simple pleasures made me smile! :)

http://katie-mylifeorsomethinglikeit.blogspot.com/2009/07/simple-satisfaction.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP