Peach Sorbet

Sunday, July 19, 2009

If Heaven exists, I'd like to believe that a bowl of this stuff will be waiting for me when I get there.

I'm not even kidding.

About a week ago, I was driving around in my car in 80+ degree heat, and I was thinking about sorbets. (Yes, it's a hard life I live, driving around thinking about sweet treats!) I was trying to decide what flavor I wanted to make next.

Suddenly, it hit me--peaches. And at that moment, I wanted peach sorbet so badly that I almost drove straight to the store to pick up some peaches. But I held off, and waited until I had some time to poke around on the internet to find a proven peach sorbet recipe.

Well, this is it. The peach sorbet recipe. Sure, I haven't tried any others, but I'll tell you what--I don't want to. This is my most favorite frozen treat I have had in a loooong time. When I finished my bowl tonight, all I wanted was more.

Thankfully, I do have some willpower.

The thing is... technically, it's not even peach season here yet. We'll start to have nice local peaches at the end of August/early September. What does that mean? Well, it means that we'll have many more opportunities to make peach sorbet.

Hallelujah.

Peach Sorbet
(Source: Annie's Eats)

Ingredients:
- 4 cups chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Chill mixture in refrigerator for at least two hours.

2. Once chilled, freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.

2 comments:

Gia July 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

All your new sorbet posts are making me all the more excited to finally get the attachment for my mixer! I am ordering it this week!

Kate July 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

Ok, this makes me want to go out and buy an ice cream maker...lol

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP