Baby Girl Shower Favors

Saturday, July 18, 2009

My cousin is expecting a baby girl in September. Today, her sisters and mom threw her a baby shower. A few weeks ago, my aunt called and asked if I could help her with the favors. We talked it through and agreed I would make something edible. And I had just the thing in mind.

I ended up making two different flavors of cupcake bites. I've made these before--you've even seen them on my blog. I made them around Thankgiving, and then again at Christmas.

Each favor consisted of two of the cupcake bites, arranged in a truffle box, and tied with two different ribbons. I wanted to use the sparkly "It's a Girl" ribbon I found at Michael's, but I also wanted to incorporate the style of the shower and of the baby's nursery--pink and brown. So I found a way to use both.

I had to make up 50 of these boxes, so more than 100 cupcake bites! Needless to say, it was a bit time consuming. Totally worth it, though, as everyone enjoyed them and I received a ton of compliments.

Here are the two different flavors of cupcake bites, nestled in the box. (I just realized that I didn't take any photos of them outside of the boxes, which is a shame since they are so damn cute on their own. Oh well.) The one on the left, with the dark pink M&M, was made of strawberry cake with vanilla frosting. The one on the right, with the light pink M&M and sprinkled with non pareils, was made of chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Delicious.

And congratulations to my cousin. I can't wait to meet her little girl.

4 comments:

EA Gibbons July 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Where did you end up finding the boxes....they were perfect!!

Heather July 21, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

EA Gibbons -- I found the boxes at Michaels in the wedding section!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP