Wanted: A Deployed Soldier

Monday, July 13, 2009

I've sat out the last few rounds of Operation Baking Gals, simply because I didn't have anybody to sponsor. For a while there, I had a list built up, but through subsequent rounds, we reached the end of it. And then I got busy, and I had to let it slide for a while.

However, Round 11 (which also happens to be the 1st anniversary round for Operation Baking Gals!) is upon us. Baking Gals organizer Lyndsay is trying to drum up participation in celebration of the anniversary, so I would like to help out. But I am in need of at least one soldier, and I hope you can help out.

Does anyone out there have anybody overseas right now that we could bake for?

If so, please e-mail me as soon as possible at roadtotheaisle@gmail.com. You must have (or be able to get quickly) a current military address for the soldier so that we can make sure the packages will get to him or her.

Also, if you are submitting someone, please provide a short bio about your soldier, including the following information:

  • Name
  • Military address
  • Relationship to you
  • Branch of the military
  • Where is he/she deployed to?
  • How long has he/she been deployed? When is he/she scheduled to come home?
  • Family information (Married? Kids?)
  • Hometown/state
  • Favorite baked goods or store-bought items
  • Really anything else that you feel like sharing about this person so that we can get to know him/her
Right now, I'm just trying to get this all set up. I will post sign up information as soon as I have it, and baking/shipping will happen at the beginning of August.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jen July 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Hey Heather - I have a friend from high school who is going over there. I emailed him last night because I want to start a team and send baked goods to him. I'll let you know if/when I start the team if you want to join me.

Deanna,  July 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Heather, I have a friend who you would love, she is also a blogger and her husband and my husband served over in Iraq in the USMC. She is very involved with this sort of stuff and I am sure she would love to help you out, because she does the same things only with toiletries and such. Please email me at ddmitsch@msn.com if you are interested in me introducing you to her via blogs! :)

Deanna

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP