The Finish Line

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yesterday morning, I processed my last car payment. My car is officially paid off!

I had been waiting for that moment for five long years and it felt so satisfying to know that it was finally the last time! Obviously, there will always be gas to buy and maintenance/repairs to pay for, but knowing that the monthly payment is gone feels so good.

My husband needs a new car in the not-so-distant future, but it's great that we'll only have one car payment, not two. I plan on driving my newly-paid-off car for several more years now.

As with most celebrations, we thought it was only appropriate to enjoy a bottle of champagne. Cheers!

4 comments:

Gia July 11, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Congrats! It is truly the best feeling!

Sara July 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

that is still a few years off for me, but I think the champagne is a good idea! Congrats!

Tricia July 12, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Congrats! My last payment is next month and it's going to feel great after 5 years of payments!!

Becky July 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

YEAH for you! I am hoping to have ours paid off in about two more years...which will be a little less than 5 years for us.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP