20 Weeks: Half Baked

Monday, May 3, 2010

At 20 weeks, we are officially halfway through the pregnancy! Wow!

Each new week of my pregnancy begins over the weekend, so I'm going to try to start posting these updates on Mondays. At the beginning of pregnancy, I took pictures of myself every Monday, but I slacked a few weeks and kept falling behind a day here and a day there, until I wasn't taking weekly photos until Thursdays! Oops! Hopefully now, I'll be back on track...


20 Weeks Pregnant

Aside from the increased movement that I talked about in my last post (only a few days ago!), the only other development has been that I can actually see movement from the outside now. If I lie down and look at my stomach, I can see little pokes or ripples in my belly when the baby kicks or moves.

It is so strange to know that there is something in there. I know I should be used to the idea by now, but I don't know that I'll ever get over the miracle of it all. It is such a wondrous experience, and when you sit back and really think about it, it's actually hard to comprehend.

We have a doctor's appointment on Friday this week, which is always nice. I like the visits, even though they're quick and usually uneventful. It's nice to check in with the doctor and be assured that everything is going as it should. I'm sure she's going to tell us that we need to be looking into pediatricians! It seems early to do so, but I suppose it's really not.

We also need to take some next steps toward finding childcare for the baby for after I go back to work. It is insane to think about this little person being here at all, and we have to find daycare for him/her?? My lord.

We're planning to go start our baby registry this weekend. All I can say is: OVERWHELMING. I started to try to research the different product categories and it's amazing how many choices there are. Thankfully, I have Baby Bargains and some great mommy friends to guide the way!

6 comments:

Gia May 6, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

You look great! I need to pick up Baby Bargains!

Megan May 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

I can't believe you're 20 weeks already!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) May 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Half way, wow!! 20 weeks feels like forever away for me (Im 11w).

You look great!! I am also nervous to register. There are 30 different choices for everything!

Hannah May 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

a) you look amazing!
b) that title was toooooo ingenious =) LOVED

Heather May 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Ms. H -- I cannot take credit for the post title. It's commonly used on baby message boards for 20 weeks pregnant. :)

Adela & Josh May 10, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

I'm not sure if there are any Buy Buy Baby stores around you, but they accept Bed Bath & Beyond's 20% coupons since they are run by the same company! I wish I had known this before I registered at Babies R Us (I'm in PA and the closest Buy Buy Baby is in NJ, but still worth it). Anyway, just a heads up! Plus, it seems like their selection is so much better than Babies R Us.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP