21 Weeks: Buddha Belly

Monday, May 10, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's any denying that I look pregnant now.


21 Weeks Pregnant

Perhaps baby is going through a growth spurt; perhaps it's just time I caught up with all of the other ladies in their second trimester. Because HELLO, belly; it's nice to meet you. I feel like it has really popped out within just the past two weeks. I know I have wayyyy more growing to do, but it's already kind of amazing to see the changes that have taken place in such a short time. I mean, look at me at 18 weeks (which was really almost 19). And then look at me again now. Whoa, baby!

I had my 20 week appointment on Friday, which went well. I don't really have anything new to report, as it was completely routine. I've gained between 7-8 lbs. so far. I'm thinking that if the growth of my belly is any indication, that number might start increasing more steadily now. Craziness.

Baby is getting bigger, and according to my weekly e-mails, is working on closing in on 1 lb. A few more weeks and I'm sure he/she will be there. Right now, I'm looking forward to 24 weeks, when we've reached the point of viability. Obviously we want baby to stay in there for much, much longer, but it'd be nice to reach 24 weeks and know that baby would at least have a chance outside of the womb.

Last week, I had one evening of pretty bad back pain, that seemed to be coupled with some round ligament pain in the front. It scared me a little bit, but I relaxed in bed for a while and it seemed to subside. Other than that, I really can't complain about my pregnancy so far at all! I've been really lucky.

The only other thing going on is that I've acquired a pesky cold. I'm feeling very congested and my sinuses hurt. Ouch! I blame Michael, as he picked up a cold while we were in Florida. Clearly, he has passed it to me now. Thanks, Honey! ;) Even though I can't turn to my trusty Nyquil and Dayquil remedies, I found out this morning that I can take Sudafed (for you pregnant ladies--only allowed after 14 weeks!), so at least it's something. Here's hoping this goes away soon!

10 comments:

Tiffany May 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Aww, you look great Heather! That's definitely a baby belly! :)

Kate May 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

You look great! My bump is that big, and I'm only 14.5 weeks... possibly due to the Pop-Tarts I've been eating :-)

Laura May 10, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

Yes, you definately "popped" in the last couple of weeks! You look great!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) May 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Def looking pregnant...I can't wait till people say that to me (12w today).

You are looking great!

Meghan May 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Take lots of vitamin C. I started taking it and I never got a cold or had allergy problems. There are somethings you can take that are safe for pregnancy but I was like you, I tried to stay away from all I could. I know 24 weeks seems like a milestone but I really hope you go full term. Take it from someone who had a preemie baby, it is the hardest thing you will have to deal with. Keep up the good work and I am sending good vibes your way for a great rest of your pregnancy!

Amanda May 11, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

I have a cousin that was born at 22 1/2 weeks - he's 5 years old now. He has cerebral palsy, but is just as lively and tricky as any five year old!

Never underestimate the power of a child!

Heather May 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Thanks, everyone.

Heather--I still have not received any stranger comments, so people are still not noticing on their own. Or, they just aren't stupid and know that it's risky to ask a woman when she's due. :)

Mrs. Wheeler--Just so we're clear; I was in no way implying that I'd be happy in ANY WAY to have a preemie. I want my baby to cook in there until at least full term at 37-40 weeks. Still, 24 weeks IS a milestone in that there is SOME peace of mind in knowing that if something were to go wrong, there is a CHANCE that things would turn out OK. Again, I in no way want to go through that and I was not saying that I do.

Amanda--Sounds like your cousin is a miracle baby! But obviously I'm hoping and praying to go full term.

Amanda May 11, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Oh yes, baby belly is here indeed:) Congrats on everything, you look great!

Vanessa May 14, 2010 at 2:13 AM  

you look so pretty! what a cute belly!

Meghan May 17, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

I am so sorry if I implied that!! That wasn't my intention. I am sure you will go full term. Good luck!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP