23 Weeks: Grow, Baby, Grow

Monday, May 24, 2010

I swear to the good lord... every day I wake up, I feel like I am bigger than the day before. I wonder if I'll be feeling like this for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm almost getting to the point where I'm afraid to weigh myself from week to week. HA!

This past weekend, at Hunter's birthday party, I saw a lot of family members that I haven't seen since I found out I'm pregnant, so that was pretty funny. Of course, everyone always tells you that you look great. What else are they going to say, though? They could be lying liars. ;)


23 Weeks Pregnant

We're experiencing a bit of a heatwave this week, and I'm interested to see if I experience swelling. I think whatever happens this week could be indicative of how I handle the rest of the summer, so I'm hoping it's without incident! Although, the past few days, I've noticed that when we go on our long walks, my wedding rings are REALLY difficult to get off when we get back. Ouch! But they seem to continue to fit fine the rest of the time, so I'm not worried about them yet. I might just have to get in the habit of taking them off when I exercise!

Yesterday, we went and picked up the crib at JCPenney. Michael and I attempted to pick everything up about a week or so ago, but when we got there, we realized that the crib box was exceptionally large, and there was no way it was going to fit into our small SUV. At the time, we took the dresser and the convertible rails, but had to leave the crib.

So, this morning, my lovely, super-awesome "little" brother met us there to get the crib with his truck. The problem was that we showed up at 10:20 to find out that the store didn't open until 11:00. WHOOPS. Thankfully, my lovely, super-awesome "little" brother was very cool about it and we were able to kill a little bit of time at a nearby store, then go back to JCPenney to get in right when it opened. Crisis averted; mission accomplished.

Now, I'm dying to get the room cleared out and painted so we can move the furniture in and, you know, actually take it out of the box. It's killing me to not have even had a chance to look at it yet! Soon enough, though.

Completely switching gears... you know what's fun? Trying to order a bridesmaid dress to wear when you're going to be approximately 3-4 weeks post-partum. Yeeaaah. My due date it 9/19, and my brother is getting married on 10/16. I can't imagine NOT being in the wedding, so... I'm in the wedding. And I'm really not worried about anything, but the ordering a dress thing? It's been a huge pain in the ass. Reason being that I have absolutely no idea what size I'm going to be at that time.

Today, we went to the bridal shop to "get sized" (which is kind of a joke for me at this point), and check out the options for my sizing. We put a measuring tape around me to get an idea for where I'm at right now, and well--fellow pregnant ladies, I DO NOT RECOMMEND. Actually, hips were the same and my waist really isn't that bad, but ohmygod, MY BOOBS. People, my boobs are already up four inches. FOUR INCHES! To accommodate my chest, which is surely only going to get bigger thanks to breastfeeding, I'm going to need to order a dress that is 4-5 sizes bigger than what I normally wear. FOUR TO FIVE SIZES BIGGER, I said. JUST FOR MY BOOBS. *sigh* Alterations should be loads of fun. As should trying to find a strapless bra that doesn't make me want to kill myself.

Adventures. These things... they're adventures. :)

In baby news... baby now weighs over a pound (yay!) and is approximately the size of a mango. One of my week-by-week e-mails told me that baby is pretty much fully formed at this point, it just needs to gain weight. But, it also said that baby has one very important thing to do this week, and that's to sprout a pair of nipples. Yes, nipples.

So, in a lot of ways, I suppose this week has been the week of BOOBS.

You're welcome.

9 comments:

Krystie May 25, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

You're still such a tiny thing, so don't even worry about that number on a scale! But baby has certainly made their debut in your belly that's for sure!

Heather May 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

I had to comment after reading this post...I too am pregnant (a little over 20 weeks) and am in a wedding 3-4 weeks postpartum! I completely understand your stress about it all, but hey, I guess it is just more incentive to stay as healthy as possible. :)

I'm a new reader too, love your blog!

Rachel May 25, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

I was in a wedding when I was 8 months pregnant. They took my measurements and then altered them to what they thought I would be when it was time for the wedding. The dress came back huge! I ended up having alterations done about 2 days before the wedding.

With the shape you are in, I am sure you will get your body back in no time. Now the boobs, that is another story. Especially if you are going to breast feed. :)

Ashley Paige May 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

looks like we all have bridesmaid horror stories a la pregnancy! i'm in my best friend's wedding in two short weeks (i'll be THIRTY TWO WEEKS PREGGO) and i can't even stomach the size dress that's hanging in my closet! a TWELVE! (um, hi.. i used to be a TWO). haha and the boob-age? oh gosh.. when she first measured my 34B's and announced that they were now 38C's, I about died.. And they'll only get bigger. Maybe now's the time to break out into the adult entertainment industry? hahah ew. vomit :) now i'm in the market for a really awesome tailor :)

Catherine May 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Hi Heather. I was wondering if you could write about any exercise you have been doing since you found out you are pregnant. You look fantastic! Any exercise/eating tips would be great!

jack+alli May 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

i love your blog and this post made me laugh....just about the whole boob and nipples thing :)
my edd is also 9/19

Ashley,  May 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I just wanted to say that I was married in October and my best friend/maid of honor was over 8 months pregnant at the time! You look great and I have a feeling you'll be just like her, down to your original size in no time!

Wishing on stars May 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

lol sounds like you will be having some alterations done no matter what.
Thanks for sharing your experience with telling your employers. I won't be having kids for a long while but it's nice to read about other peoples experience.

Jacki June 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Va Bien strapless bras are great... though a bit pricey...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP