Snickers Pie

Friday, May 7, 2010

For all of you who curse me on a regular basis because of all of the yummy and (sometimes) not-so-healthy recipes I post... this one is for you.

Because y'all, I have good news. Snickers Pie?... is a Weight Watchers recipe.

Awwww yeeaaah.


I came across this gem way back in 2006, during my Weight Watchers days. I made it a few times and it was always well-received because it's pretty scrumptious for being relatively "good" for you. A few years back, I whipped it up for Mother's Day, when we hosted both of our mothers over at our house for dinner.

Well, my mother-in-law hasn't stopped talking about it since. :) Unfortunately for her, I don't repeat recipes very often (especially not dessert ones!) because there are always so many that I want to try, and have limited opportunities to do so. But when we made plans to go to my in-laws' for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate Mother's Day, I knew I just HAD to finally give into her requests to make this again. She's going to be sooo happy.

This is amazingly easy to whip up. It can be made in advance, but you can always throw it together last minute should you need a dessert in a pinch.

Somehow, frozen yogurt + pudding mix + cool whip + peanut butter + Grape Nuts cereal, of all things = something that tastes strikingly similar to a frozen Snickers bar. Don't ask me how or why... just call it a foodie miracle. Then go and make some for yourself.

Snickers Pie
(Source: Hungry Girl)

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 small box fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter (chunky)
- 3 oz. Grape Nuts cereal
- Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup, for drizzling

Directions:
1. Microwave peanut butter for 20-30 seconds to soften it enough to stir easily.

2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate syrup), and mix together well. Pour into 8" dish. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.

3. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Jazz it up with a few extra dollops of whipped topping, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.

4. Freeze until ready to serve. Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Dana May 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Thanks so much. I am back on a weight loss program and am looking for good recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth.

brooke @ claremont road May 10, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Looks yummy! Do you know how many servings this makes and how many WW points are in each serving?

Heather May 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Brooke-- Hungry Girl says 8 servings, 3 pts. per serving.

Crystal May 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

I made this tonight....so good!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP